Is it permissible to hang a plaque containing Ayatul Kursi, in one’s vehicle?
بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم
Hanging a plaque containing Ayatul Kursi or any other verses of the Quran in one’s car is in itself permissible provided the following conditions are adhered to;
- It is treated with the utmost respect as it is the words of Allah Ta’ala.
- It is not touched except that one is in the state of ritual purification.
- It is not believed that by hanging it in one’s vehicle, one will receive the rewards and virtues that lie in its actual recitation.
- Trust and reliance is not placed on the plaque, rather trust and reliance is placed in Allah.
- It is hung so that one can be reminded of reciting its verses
- It is not hung for mere decoration and attraction.
- It should not be hung in such vehicles where its sanctity is violated or dishonored i.e. in the presence vulgar language, smoking, drinking, nudity, music etc.
In far too many instances the conditions listed above are not met. The reality is, these plaques are hung merely for decoration purposes swinging and bouncing from right to left further violating its sanctity. This being the case, one should refrain from hanging these plaques inside the car.
Nb: The same ruling will apply to the hanging of the travelling Dua in one’s vehicle.
And Allah Knows Best
Mufti Kaleem Muhammad