Fatwa-TT (Trinidad and Tobago) is operated under by the Darul Iftaa of Jaamia Madinatul Uloom under the advice and guidance of Mufti Ebrahim Desai (Daamat Barakaatuhum) of South Africa (of www.askimam.org and www.daruliftaa.net).
Our aim is to provide a reliable fatwa service to the Muslim community related to all aspects of a Muslim’s life including: Worship (Salah, Zakat, Fasting, Hajj etc.), business transactions, marriage, divorce, inheritance etc. with the ambition to enhance and deepen the understanding of Islam and strengthen the relationship with Allah Ta’ala.
Narrated Muawiya (Radhiallahu Anhu):
I heard Allah’s Messenger (ﷺ) saying, “If Allah wants to do good to a person, He makes him comprehend the religion (Islam). I am just a distributor, but the grant is from Allah (The Giver). (And remember) that this nation (true Muslims) will keep on following Allah’s teachings strictly and they will not be harmed by any one going on a different path till Allah’s order (Day of Judgment) is established.” Sahih al-Bukhari 71
- The Darul Iftaa aims at responding to queries relating to Islamic ethics and law. It does not serve as an Islamic court of law.
- The questions and answers found on this website are for educational purposes. However, many of the rulings rendered here are distinct to the specific scenario, and thus should be read in conjunction with the question and not taken as a basis to establish a verdict in another situation or environment.
- This site bears no responsibility in these responses being used out of their intended context, nor to any party who may or may not follow the responses given and is being hereby exempted from loss or damage howsoever caused. None of the responses rendered may be used as evidence in any Court of Law without prior written consent from the Darul Iftaa.
- The Darul Iftaa does not accept any responsibility for any problems that may arise out of experimentation with any of the methods, suggestions or recommendations made in any answer, article or literature posted on this website.
- Any or all links provided in our emails, answers and articles are restricted to the specific material being cited. Such referencing should not be taken as an endorsement of other content on that website.